Tuesday, December 19, 2006

LOST LAKE: PHILLIP MARGOLIN



I LOVE MARGOLIN! But unfortunately I hated this book.

Anyone who has read Margolin knows that his books are fast paced. I once spent the whole night reading sleeping beauty. But that’s not the book I wonna talk about. Its lost lake.


Ok let me start from the beginning, the entire book is a cliché, as you read it you get the feeling that you have read this story before. A guy was in some highly secret army unit established by (wait for it……) a guy who is now standing for president of the US of A! All the records of the unit have been inevitable expunged aaaaand made to look like the guy was in a mental hospital! YAWN. And there is the daughter of the candidate who absolutely loathes her father and AGAIN was hospitalized in a mental institute to discredit her! YAAAAWN!


The guy manages to escape from Vietnam and lives anonymously in some small town until an incident in a little league game puts him back in the spotlight and within the clutches of the presidential candidate.

This is one of those books I did not care what happened to the characters, I was not rooting for anyone to hook up with anyone else. And I hoped that at the end of the book they would ALL die, just so that the author will not be tempted to write a sequel! But alas, they all lived.

At the end there is an absolutely unbelievable, didn’t see that coming hook up! To repeat myself, I absolutely, positively hated this book. But I still love Margolin and will wait for his next book.

Currently reading Final Target by IRIS JOHANSEN.

3 comments:

SisBigBones said...

Knowing me and my slowness, I'm finally checking in and loving the idea of writing book reviews. I love the fact that the reviews can be written by different people, therefore, hopefully, lots of different tastes. I plan to be a regular :)

bantutu said...

Nusu First thing's first: Please evict miss Dorcas She's haunting me:I deal with her over at Your's the blog,SBB's,Binti's and the others I've whose names I've misplaced...then here!! Please..please nusu...
Oh n am experiencing problems transportation of the reviews, my Flash memory stick got infected am the files were kulwaad...Hold on kidogo tu...
Margolin eh? Sawa nitaji-kamua...

Anonymous said...

Oh thanxx so very cataclysmically..hihi, and now I can breath eazzi,
I hope I din't step on any toes??